Monday 21 June 2010

Ups and Downs

Life is full of them and last week was no exception.

On Tuesday I spent a lovely day in the historic city of Hereford with my Mum. For many years I have driven through the city, wondering what secrets it had, but I had never taken the time to stop.


The Cathedral is magnificent. This is a picture of the North Transept, which was reconstructed during the reign of Henry III.


It was the Stanbury Chapel that really caught my attention, the detail was incredible and was popular in the fifteenth century.





By far the most exciting find was The Old House, set right in the middle of big shops is this black and white house which bears the date 1621. If only it could talk!


Now for the down. My poor dog, Tara, had to have an operation to her hind leg on Wednesday. It was a very painful procedure and would have meant at least a month in hospital for a human. She was very sorry for herself for a few days, but is now improving and starting to use the leg again. Everything looks good, so not such a down in the end.


This is my faithful friend, Tara, who loves to sit next to me when I'm writing, especially if I have biscuits with my coffee.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachael. Lovely photos of Hereford and Tara. Hope she is feeling better now. Luv Caroline x

    ReplyDelete