Saturday 24 July 2010

The Tourist Bits

Two weeks ago I was in Greenwich for the RNA conference. It was a fantastic weekend, the sun shone and we all had a great time indulging our passion for writing romance. Here we are at the Gala Dinner.
Whilst I was in London I also took a bit of time out to be a tourist. I had a lovely few hours on a river trip from Greenwich to Westminster.
This is Tower Bridge.

This is Big Ben.

Another visit I made, was to the Fan Museum. This lovely pair of town houses, dating from 1721 and lovingly restored, is now home to one of the finest collections of fans in Europe.


At the back of the museum is the Orangery, a lovely oasis of calm where you can enjoy afternoon tea on a Sunday. Unfortunately it wasn't Sunday when I was there, but here I am in the peace of the Orangery.


My final tourist trip was to The Royal Observatory, where there was a massive queue just to have a photo taken on the Meridian line. I cheated and stood behind, but still on the line,then went to have tea and cake!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachael. Glad you had a great time at the RNA conference in Greenwich. Hope one day to get there - so we can meet up again. Take care. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete