Friday 11 May 2012

Here Comes Summer.

Well I hope so anyway. It's still a grey and overcast day as I look out of the window, but the signs are all there. The Swallows returned several weeks ago and are busy raising new families in the eaves of the stable. Soon after they were followed by the House Martins who are in total awe of the amount of mud around after all the rain and are building nests everywhere.

Another sign summer is approaching is the day the cows go out after being in all winter. Normally they have all the time in the world to amble along at their own pace, yet the day they go out for summer they buck and frolic like little lambs and gallop along at great speed.




On a writing front I'm looking forward to attending the RNA conference in July, which this year is in Penrith. Then at the end of summer in early October I'll be heading for one of my favourite places - The Watermill, Tuscany.

Just imagine a whole week in such a beautiful location, with fabulous food and the company of other writers. The course tutor is Kate Walker and having attended her weekend courses in Fishguard I'm really looking forward to this course.

I am also preparing my current work in progress for submission to the New Writers' Scheme and then I can start a new story which is just begging to be written.

What are you looking forward to this summer, or as some of my readers are in Australia, what are you looking forward to as winter arrives?



3 comments:

  1. It was lovely to see the swallows back. I love to hear them chattering as i work in the garden. Good to hear you are getting on with that ms, I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be so close to Tuscany, I'd love to be able to do Kate's course.

    Next week I'm off to Tasmania for the RWA roadshow, I'm really looking forward to it.

    Hope the writing is flowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy Tasmania Joanne. I wish I could pop down under and come with you!

    Don't work too hard in the garden Judith, keep some writing time too!

    ReplyDelete